It is an evergreen perennial plant with long, heart/arrow-shaped leaves. The Alocasia ‘Hilo Beauty’ is a unique plant that will surely add some flair to your home. Its beautiful variegated leaves with yellow and white spots give it a camouflage-like pattern that is sure to stand out. This tough plant is also easy to care for, making it a perfect choice for any plant lover. This plant is sure to add a touch of beauty to any home or office!
- Light: Because it grows best indoors, it prefers filtered or indirect sunlight.. South and West facing windows are suitable locations. Avoid keeping it under direct and intense sunlight.
- Temperature: Optimum temperature for the plant is (18-25) ° C. As it is a tropical plant, a Warm environment is suitable for its growth. In cooler temperatures/Winter plants go dormant. Water it sparingly and it will again come back in spring.
- Fertilizer: Alocasia doesn’t require much fertilizer. However, You can add vermicompost or Coco Peat while making soil mix. We can also add slow-releasing fertilizer such as Osmocote.
- Water: The soil should be moist but not soggy. The frequency of irrigation can be increased in summer.
- Humidity: Alocasia Hilo Beauty prefers high humidity. So, You can either buy a humidifier or Mister. You can also keep water in a tray, put pebbles above it, and keep the pot above the pebbles. This will maintain humidity around the plant.